Re: ANKYLOSAUR CLUBS *

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Rob Meyerson wrote:

> Since the [ankylosaur] club probably evolved for intraspecies combat
first and
> foremost, the side to side makes sense.  Any anti-predator function
> would be icing.
> Rob

Several people have posed to me the following question:

"Where did Meyerson's "probably" come from?  Does he have evidence that
ankylosaurs were actually plocking one another with their tails?  Backing
up to one another and whacking?  Permitting one another to back up to
them and whack?"

Of course, I didn't know, so I pass this ankylosaurian buck to the
group.

Many thanks.

John McLoughlin