Re: ANKYLOSAUR CLUBS *

> Mammals engaging in agonistic behavior never initiate an attack with
> their rear ends.  They would rather see where they're going, so they face
> their opponent.  Aggressive behavior includes mainly biting and shoving,
> both of which are done best with the head.

     What if the ankylosaurs stood side by sie and whacked each others
hindquarters?  They could then also shove into each other from the side.
Also, I'm under the impression that the anterior cadals allowed a greath
deal of lateral movement.  Long tailed ankylosaurs like Euoplocephalus
might be able to  swing the tail far enough foreward to bash an opponent
while still more or less facing it.

LN jeff