DINOSAUR JOURNALS

LIST OF KNOWN MAJOR DINOSAUR-RELATED MAGAZINES
ARCHOSAURIAN ARTICULATIONS
$35; 12 (8 1/2 X 11) pages. (This is the announced new schedule.)
Newsletter by George Olshevsky; schedule irregular although plans
have been announced to restart it on a regular schedule during 1996.
PO Box 543 Central Park Station Buffalo, NY 14215-0543.
DINOSAUR REPORT
$25; Quarterly, (8-1/2 x 11), 8 or 12 or 16 pages, photos & drawings
Mostly news about the Dinosaur Society but some dino articles each time.
Price includes basic membership in Dinosaur Society.
Dinosaur Society, 200 Carleton Ave, East Islip, NY 11730
DINOSAURUS
9 times per year, (8-1/2 x 11), 40 pages, lots of color art and photos, all dino
This magazine is geared for gradeschool readers and has little hard news.
I received an issue late last year and none since. Is it still in business?
EARTH
$20; monthly; 84  (8-1/2 x 11) pages. Glossy, lots of photos and flashy
graphics.
Semi-hard science magazine with frequent dinosaur articles.
Kalmbach Publishing, P O Box 1612, Waukesha, WI, 53187.
FOSSIL NEWS: Journal of Amateur Paleontology
$28; monthly; (8-1/2 x 11), 24 pages, high-class desktop publishing,
nice photos and artwork; many articles on all fossils but largely dinos.
Little hard science, but lots of interesting stuff. Articles take a moment to
emphasize the contributions of amateurs in finding and preserving fossils.
6803 Whitman St Northwest; Dash Point, WA 98422
JOURNAL OF PALEONTOLOGY
$99 (non-member). Bi-monthly. ?? Pages.
Paleontological Society, Box 1897, Lawrence, KS, 66044. (913) 843-1221.
JOURNAL OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY
$80 Quarterly,  (8 1/2 X 11), ?? Pages, includes photos & drawings.
Frequently includes dinosaur articles but covers all fossil vertebrates.
$80 per year, includings membership in Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.
(Students pay $45 per year.) Back issues are $37.50 for a year/volume.
Secretary:  John J Flynn, Dept of Geology, Field Museum of Natural
History, Roosevelt Road at Lakeshore drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60605-2496
NATURAL HISTORY
I've seen the title referenced but have no information at this time.
NATURE: The International Weekly Journal of Science.  $395 US.
Nature, Box 1733, Riverton, NJ, 08077-7333. Telephone (800) 524-0384.
OMNI: Popular pseudo-science magazine. No longer published.
PREHISTORIC TIMES
$24, bi-monthly (6); about 30-40 (8 1/2 X 11) pages (size varies)
Desktop published newsletter about dinosaurs and other ancient animals.
Concentrates on models, toys, and art; occasional soft-science articles.
ROCKS & MINERALS
$38; Six per year, (8-1/2 x 11),80 pages, occasional dino articles.
$66 institutions; glossy professional magazine, photos, color.
Heldref Publications, 1319 Eighteenth St NY, Washington DC 20036
Notes: I'm trying to have a standardized format, but not fixated on it.
I don't plan on listing every single magazine that ever had a dinosaur article
but will concentrate on "major journals" with "frequent" dinosaur material.
I'll be guided by those on this list and what the Email me to add to it.
(Don't post your input to the list as I might not be keeping up that week.)
Please don't go to an effort to dig up every obscure journal you can think of
but please DO let me know of any journals that YOU consider a primary
source of new and useful information on dinosaurs and archosaurs.
The plan is to accept your input and send a revised copy of this file
to the Dinosaur list about the first day of each month.