Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #39

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> III. Synonymies and other systematics miscellanea
>
>      p. 11: _Chilantaisaurus tashuikouensis_ is tentatively
>      synonymized with _Alectrosaurus olseni_

This is the type species, as I recall, no?  If the pedal material is
anything like the way it is illustrated in _The Dinosauria_, then there
is no way this is _Alectrosaurus_, or any other tyrannosaurid.

Looks much more like an allosaur or an outsized ornitholestian.

>      pp. 86, 87: _Chilantaisaurus_ is tentatively referred to as
>      a segnosaur

Are they talking about _"C." maortuensis_ here?

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447
(206)535-8204