Re: Questions on Alberta law

I am pleased to read Cory Gross's recent message indicating that the
Alberta law is apparently more favorable to amateur collecting than I
was previously led to believe.  However, I have a couple questions.
First, are there restrictions on the extent of the surface collecting
allowed, or the tools permited?  Can amateurs from the US do surface
collecting in ALberta?  Under what conditions are permits required?
Is it still ture (as others have indicated) that all fossils collected
in Alberta are the property of the government, regardles of who
collects them or how?  What about the requirement that fossils not
leave the province; does that apply to the surface collecting also?
Last, do you know how I can get a copy of the actual law in Alberta?
Thank you very much.

Glen Kuban
paleo@ix.netcom.com