Turbinates as endothermy criterion??

I have an article here from the Sunday _Oregonian_
on the dinosaur endothermy debate.  John Ruben, a zoologist
at Oregon State University, claims that dinosaurs were cold-
blooded because they appear to lack a structure in the
nose that is possessed by all warm-blooded animals.  Apparently
Ruben and Phil Currie took the fossil skull of a 75-myr-old
Ornithomimus (called "Dino" in the article) and put it through
a CT scan at Salem Hospital (in Oregon).  Here is a passage
from the article:

"Ruben was interestested in the front of the snout.
 He saw--or rather, didn't see--just what he expected.  Dino
lacked respiratory turbinates, tiny bones in the nasal passages
of warm-blooded animals that limit water loss during breathing.
 This particular dinosaur, known technically as Ornithomimus,
is one of a handful of dinosaur groups that Ruben has examined.
All lack the special bones.
 'We can make a real strong argument that all the meat-eating
dinosaurs were cold-blooded,' he said."

I know that isn't much info, but that's really all it says
about his actual research or evidence.  Has anybody else heard
anything about this turbinate issue, or know anything about it,
or even have an opinion?  Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Thomas Duffy
thomasd@clark.edu