Re: _Sharovipteryx_

For _Sharovipteryx_ ...

>                I don't know the hard
>anatomical details, but one thing it doesn't look like is a pterosaur.
>You can follow the rear flight membrane all the way out to one of the toes,
>but I couldn't see anything on the forelimbs.

I agree.  _Sharovipteryx_ has a uropatagium, but there's no good
evidence that the arms were attached to any skin membrane (I think
it's called a brachiopatagium).  On the other hand, there's evidence
that at least some pterosaurs did not have a uropatagium, and that the
legs were free for locomotion on the ground.

Tim Williams