Re: Giganotosaurus Carolinii

I am not sure, but the 6-8 tonne mass estimate for Giganotosaurus may be the
one I provided last year. Deciding just how big the new theropod is to the
biggest new T rexes will require detailed descriptions of the material and
careful skeletal restorations. Til then I would say it is a photo finish tie,
and the film has not come back from the lab yet.

By the by, in PDW my 12 tonne estimate for the mass of the "biggest" T rex,
the Berkeley maxilla was too high. 7-8.5 tonnes is more like it. Sue seems to
be in the 6.5-7 t range.

GSP