Arcahopteryx thread

Quoting a recent post, and sitting in my hands to avoid comments on Hoyle's
track record:

>besides what do astronomers know about geology or paleontology?
..
> but my geological instincts make me very suspicious
>about their arguments coming as they do from star gazers.

Sure learned my lesson. No more posts on Nemesis or comet impacts, I'll
stick to lurking until my asbestos suit passes OSHA requirements.

Bill Keel
Astronomy, University of Alabama
(and original author of the Nemesis post to this list, which somehow
bounced around to sci.space.tech, then was added to that group's FAQ,
and has now completed one orbit).