Re: Crows

Forwarded from the forteana list:
Subject: Re: Crows
Author:  forteana@lists.primenet.com at smtp-fhu
Date:    1/07/96 0:03

At 10:20 am 29/6/96, Mary Davis wrote:
>At 09:32 PM 6/29/96 +1000, you wrote:
>>Talking about crows and their quirks.

        I remember hearing something on Radio 4 a while ago about an
example of crow behaviour observed by a naturalist in Canada. A crow was
feeding on the corpse of an elk when a pair of rival crows began circling,
at which point the sly devil keeled over and played dead. The airborne
crows decided that the meat must be poisoned and flew away without
bothering to investigate, at which point our hero jumps up and finishes his
meal unmolested.

        This of course demonstrates that crows are:
        1. very clever to think of such a trick, and
        2. very stupid to fall for such a trick.

                         _____________________________
                       ++++++  TEMPEL OV SPOON   ++++++
                               DollyHead Nation
                      "A Distorted Worldview Since 1989"