Fossil information [[was Well - lookie here!]]

Forwarded from the Forteana list:
Subject: Well - lookie here!
Author:  forteana@lists.primenet.com at smtp-fhu
Date:    3/07/96 18:30

Here's something I found in an old issue of the BBC *Wildlife magazine* - not
strictly fortean, but I think It's worthy of a mention anyway...

[QUOTE]
The Wealth of fossils at Riverskeigh

{snip}

Finds include 200 new mammal species, as well as birds, amphibians, reptiles,
fish, a unique insect fauna and many plants. Some have been given unusual names
- ( ARE YOU READY?<TG>)
Thingodonta
Wierdondonta
...and a seven-metre constrictor named...
MONTYPYTHONOIDES RIVERSLEIGHENIS
have recently been joined by "fangaroo" a kangaroo with tusks.
[END QUOTE]

If you don't believe me - and I didn't believe what I was reading at first -
check out

BBC WILDLIFE
Vol 14  No2  February 1996

<triplicate girl.