Re: hunting (not by humans...)

<< Which brings the question to my mind of whether or not dinos could've
 exhibited play behavior. >>

Interesting thought!  Eventhough I accept the notion of endothermic or
homeothermic dinosaurs and their relationship to both Reptilia  and Aves, I
find it diifficult to think that any dinosaur had the inclination or the
ability to "play" in the sense that comes to mind. To me it seems that they
just did not have the higher brain capacity to do so. If there were any
playing it would probably be detrimental to both the playee and the player!
 Imagine a couple of young T rex playing or a couple of Barosaurs romping
araound. I think any such contact between related dinos was limited to
courtship, fighting, feeding, nesting and reproduction. IMHO

Regards,
Thomas R. Lipka
Paleontological/Geological Studies