Re: Siamotyrannus and early tyrannosaurids

In a message dated 96-07-10 10:01:22 EDT, swf@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM (Stan
Friesen) writes:

>> There's also a small, headless tyrannosaurid from the Early
>> Cretaceous of Mongolia.  (I only know of this one through
>> Dinogeorge.)  _Tonouchisaurus_ is it's name (_still a nomen nudum_
>> as far as I know).
>
> If it is a nomen nudum it doesn't count.
>
> In other words its correct name could well be Siamotyrannus.

I doubt it. _Tonouchisaurus_ is a small theropod only 1-2 meters long (if
it's an adult), _Siamotyrannus_ is much larger (about 6 meters).
Unfortunately, a direct comparison would probably be impossible.
_Tonouchisaurus_ is known essentially from its extremities, _Siamotyrannus_
from its pelvic region.