Re: New extinction book

Sherry,

    I suspect you're referring to _Dinosaur Extinction and the End of
an Era: What the Fossils Say_, by J. David Archibold (The Perspectives
in Paleobiology and Earth History Series. Columbia University Press,
New York. 1996. xviii + 237 pages. ISBN 0-231-07625-8). It's
well-written, nicely balanced, and very informative. Chapter 10's
title, "A Cacophony of Causes," rather sums up Archibold's
conclusions. Even if this isn't the text you had in mind, I think
you'll find reading it rewarding.

                                             -= Tuck =-
                                          tuckr@digital.net
    | Visit the Astronaut Memorial Planetarium & Observatory           |
    |Web Page at http://www.brevard.cc.fl.us/~planet/                  |