re: Sherry's extinction book

I think the book you're talking about is The Great Dinosaur Controversy
by Chuck Officer and Jake Page (Addison-Wesley are the publishers; ISBN
0-201-48384-X). I only read it in diagonal so far so I honnestly can't
make a review. However I remember that the authors used an extensive
chapter of the book to explain all the political side of this "scientific
controversy" (how the medias got involved, how professors lost their
jobs, how scientific journals sometime censored etc.) An important
aspect of science often forgotten.

Emmanuelle.