Re: rearing browsers

In a message dated 96-07-22 17:52:50 EDT, longrich@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
(Nick Longrich) writes:

> Granted, these are BMNH models, but I'll bet if you use a more
> modern reconstruction, you'll get an even higher figure perhaps-
> Diplodocus and Stegosaurus really had very short bodies, and older
> reconstructions might not reflect this.

In HISTORICAL DINOSAUROLOGY #1, I note the trend toward shortened stegosaur
backs, which seems to have culminated with _Wuerhosaurus ordosensis_, an
Early Cretaceous Chinese stegosaur that had just 11-12 dorsal vertebrae. It
also seems to have had the shortest forelimbs relative to hindlimbs of any
stegosaur. A restoration of this beast's skeleton posed bipedally will be on
the cover of that volume when it appears this fall.