Re: Ohh, do I hate to do this! (JP)

Jay Reynolds Freeman wrote:

>     4)  There is no evidence that the "spitter" spat poison.  I believe
> this behavior is lifted from the modern "spitting cobra".  _Dilophosaurus_
> was in fact a much larger creature, that would tower over a human being.

Wasn't this actually originally proposed as a possible explanation for
the Oviraptor's wierd upper teeth-in-the-back-of-the-mouth stuff, that
they could be used to better aim a hacked luggee, as it were? I
thought it had been merely transposed to the Dilophosaur for the book
and movie.
I've recently seen sketches from Stan Winston Studios of the next
dinosaurs.  Pretty.
One very dumb concept at this time, but the rest are very very nice,
better than before.  It looks like sometimes they listen.
-Betty Cunningham