Re: JP defending

Raptor wrote:

> I've been lurking for quite a while and I get very upset when this topic
> arises.  Jp is the most accurate dino flick to date.

It was fun movie stuff.  The effects were top-knotch.  Other than
that-like was said at the time-it was JAWS with dinosaurs instead of
sharks.  Pretty dinosaurs, but most noteably HOLLYWOOD dinosaurs.  You
know, actors in suits, motor-driven robots, and CG effects laid on top
of everything else.  Fun and pretty.  But science?  More like
science-lite.
  Valley of the Gwangii was probably as accurate, if you balance the
problems of JP against the problems of VoftheG.  I liked the Eohippus
(now something else entirely)

>  And I'll admit it wasn't JP that got me into dinos, it was a video
> game called Primal Rage, now that's a real inaccurate game but it
> rules!

I can think of more noble ways to become interested in dinosaurs.
They weren't even pretty.  (hair, we're talking dinosaurs with hair!)
;]

-Betty Cunningham
(animator for SEGA)