Re: VEXING PROBLEMS WITH FORELIMB POSTURE

Greg Paul wrote:

 > I just read the 1995 paper R. Johnson senior authored on Torosaurus forelimbs
 > in Functional Morphology in Vertebrate Paleontology. I am not a happy camper.

[...]

 > As for the conclusion that Torosaurus had sprawling arms, this has been
 > disproven by trackways published a number of years ago by Lockley

And if that weren't enough, there was a *subsequent* paper (in JVP,
if I remember correctly) that quite conclusively showed that ceratopsian
trackway evidence is inconsistant with Johnson's reconstruction.

[From what I could see, the best fit with the trackways is if the
elbows bend backwards].

The peace of God be with you.