Re: New Bashing

jbmiller@fn.net wrote:

> Not to interfere with the petty bashing of Jurassic Park or anything, but
> here's a quick question:
>
> why does everyone hate Bakker.

I for one think Bakker has been a tremendous help to the whole
field of paleontology.  Whether or not he has been right in one
major theory, he has caused a lot of people to sit up and
use their brains.

In arguing the points he has introduced, we've made considerable
progress in understanding both extinct and extant ecology.

And heck, I find him much easier to get along with than Horner.
(But then, that only puts him in 99.9% of the population)

    __     Mark Sumner
   /  \    http://www.sff.net/people/Sumner
  /    \   DEVIL'S TOWER Preview at http://www.inlink.com/~range