Significant dates in dino history

   I need some significant dates in dinosaur paleontological history.  If
you can think of any, send me an explanation with the day and month it
occurred.  This is for a web-page-a-day calendar some company is publishing
and I thought DOL ought to appear on a month/day that was significant to the
science.

   I'm thinking the date that is recognized as the first discovery of a
dinosaur bone (the english guy and _Iguanodon_), or perhaps the date Owen
named the Dinosauria (hey, that's a good one!)  Anybody know the dates for
these?

** Picture Gallery, and The Dinosaur Mailing ** find they have none of    **
** List Omnipedia. http://www.dinosauria.com ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **