Re: Owen, Cope, Marsh, Osborn

In a message dated 96-06-24 11:15:10 EDT, Christopher Sirmons Haviland
wrote:

>I'm a writer of screenplays, and at some point in the future I would like
>to write a feature film or MOW (TV movie of the week) script about one or
>several of these individuals.  I actually know very little about the
>beginnings of dinosaur bone hunting, but if there is an interesting story
>to tell with that as the theme, I may like to attempt it.

Along with the usual group of paleo-greats you cite, might I suggest other
 major players in paleontology who seem to get little attention such as
 Joseph Jeidy, Charles Glimore, John Bell Hatcher, Sternberg or Barnum Brown
just to name a few? And in the case of Leidy, predates Marsh!

I'm sure, there are others that the members of this list can think of as
well.

Regards,
Thomas R. Lipka
Paleontological/Geological Studies