IMPORTANT dinosaur list message!

Everybody pack out your trash; we're moving!

I'm sorry for the suddenness of this, but an opportunity presented
itself...  I didn't want to announce the new address for the list
until after everything got established -- people could have subscribed
to the new list two weeks ago, but I didn't want to have the old and
new dinosaur lists both operating simultaneously.  Now things are set
up.

Hopefully the transition will be completely transparent to all of you
except that from now on any time that you WOULD HAVE typed
"lepomis.psych.upenn.edu" you should type "usc.edu" EXCEPT if you're
writing to me.  I don't have an account at USC.  Sam McLeod has
generously agreed to help with the oversight of the list, and it's
because of his connections with USC that we're able to house the list
there.  Everybody say a silent "thank you" to Sam who also runs
VRTPaleo.

For the moment, I'm still going to be moderating the list, so things
will still go through me here at lepomis, but you will be sending your
mail to:

dinosaur@usc.edu

when you want it to go to the list, or:

listproc@usc.edu

when you want to handle administration.  USC actually pays money for
software to manage mailing lists, so they have the commercial version
of listproc.  From what I can tell, it seems that all of the old
commands you're used to will still work.  The newer listproc has some
additional features, though.  If you'd like to find out more about
your end of list managment, look at:

http://www.usc.edu/UCS/listproc/usercard.html

If you are presently receiving the list as a digest, you will still
receive it that way (however, this message is special since
dinosaur@lepomis... is about to disappear and I wanted to make sure
*everyone* got it).  I've also attempted to change all of your
passwords to what they were (are?) here.

As always, if you have problems, you know where to find me...

P.S. There is one difference you may soon notice about the list
configuration.  I've been very tolerant about bouncing mail.  Listproc
made use of that feature here; I manually took care of such things and
gave people a grace period.  USC uses the automatic method.  It can be
turned off on a list by list basis, but for Sam's benefit and mine,
we're going to try leaving it on.  If you ever think you've been
booted from the list, send the message:

set dinosaur

to: listproc@usc.edu

You will get a list of your settings if you're subscribed and a "You
are not subscribed..." message if you're not.