Re: SICKLE CLAWED PROTOBIRD?

This message was submitted by Jeff Poling <jpoling@infinet.com> to list
dinosaur@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu. If you forward it back to the list, it wil=
be distributed without the paragraphs above the dashed line. You may edit th=
Subject: line and the text of the message before forwarding it back.

If you edit the messages you receive into a digest, you will need to remove
these paragraphs and the dashed line before mailing the result to the list.
=46inally, if you need more information from the author of this message, you
should be able to do so by simply replying to this note.

----------------------- Message requiring your approval --------------------=
--
Sender: Jeff Poling <jpoling@infinet.com>
Subject: Re: SICKLE CLAWED PROTOBIRD=7F=7F?

At 12:41 AM 3/1/96 -0500, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:
>Not that such a creature would be so surprising. Gauthier (1986) and myself
>(1988 PDW) noted that Archaeopteryx has an incipient two toed foot and hype=
>extendable second toe. The dromaeosaur-Archaeopterx link is looking better
>all the time.

   Aha!  So that picture I thought I saw of _Archaeopteryx_ with a
dromaeosaurid sickle-claw/didactyl-pes WASN'T a figment of my ever worsening
instanity!

** Jeff's Dinosaur Page. Home of THE DINOSTORE ** "Those who trade a        =
**
** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),      ** little freedom for a      =
**
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,    ** little security will soon =
**
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Omnipedia.    ** find they have none of    =
**
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/            ** either." -- Jeff Poling   =
**