Re: Light relief

.
>- Ed Cox

Ed,

Ed,

First, try the decaf!  Second, I'll take some lumps.  I realized when I
wrote that that I should simply have said "visitors."  You're right;
creationists do not own the corner on dumb comments.  However, I did not say
ONLY creationists made these comments.  Also, I am sorry to report
(especially if you are a creationist) that it did seem like a greater number
of unimformed comments were made from strict creationists than other
visitors (when I knew their positions on the issue).
    I do not say that with any malice toward creationists, or toward
Chrsitians or theists in general.  I consider muyself a creationist in the
broad sense--I am a Christian and believe in the Creator).  Also, you must
bear in mind that I was at the some of the sites while studying strict
creationist claims, so there were probably were more creationists there (and
perhaps more vocal ones) than you might find elsewhere).
    Yes, sometimes, if I was just overhearing a remark I would not know what
the person believed on origins.  However, in many cases what I quoted was
only a sampling of other statements or conversations I overheard or took
part in, where I did often know exectly where the person stood on the issue
of origins.  But your points are well taken, and I will be more careful in
the future.
    Thanks for calling me on this.

Glen Kuban
paleo@ix.netcom.com