Rational discussion

  The program "Origins of Mankind" has obviously hit a nerve in many of
the list subscribers.  Emotions often run high, with discussions merely
retracing the same ground repeatedly, when creationist materials are
discussed.  In the interests of helping this discussion draw to a
close,  I am submitting a web address where an intellegent FAQ called
* Evaluating Creationist Literature* can be found.  There may be some
subscribers who would welcome a sensible presentation of the most
common flaws found in creationist materials.  It has proven helpful to
some of our museum volunteers who have to deal with creationist
questions on a regular basis.
   The address is:
   http://hercules.geology.uiuc.edu/~schimmri/christianity

         Virginia Tidwell

[Moderators note: see also the talk.origins archive at:
http://rumba.ics.uci.edu.8080/origins/]