Editor-Fiona Doig. A truly beautiful magazine. Some dino articles.
Sender: "Glen Moore" <Glen_Moore@uow.edu.au>
DINOSAUR DISCOVERIES
$25; Bi-monthly, (8-1/2 x 11), 16 pages, photos & drawings.
Compilation of new dinosaur info from published & unpublished sources.
"Hard science that's not hard to read"
Tiger Publications, P O Box 8759, Amarillo TX 79114 806-655-2009
Email: Tiger$@genie.com or Steve.Cole@genie.com
Looking for writers and artists. First issue July 96.
DINOSAUR REPORT
$25; Quarterly, (8-1/2 x 11), 8 or 12 or 16 pages, photos & drawings
Mostly news about the Dinosaur Society but some dino articles each time.
Price includes basic membership in Dinosaur Society. (800) 346-6366
Dinosaur Society, 200 Carleton Ave, East Islip, NY 11730
Glossy, lots of photos and flashy graphics.
Semi-hard science magazine with frequent dinosaur articles.
Kalmbach Publishing, P O Box 1612, Waukesha, WI, 53187.
1-800-533-6644, or 414-796-8776.
Or e-mail customerservice@kalmbach.com
FOSSIL NEWS: Journal of Amateur Paleontology
$28; monthly; (8-1/2 x 11), 24 pages, high-class desktop publishing,
nice photos and artwork; many articles on all fossils but largely dinos.
Little hard science, but lots of interesting stuff. Articles take a moment to
emphasize the contributions of amateurs in finding and preserving fossils.
6803 Whitman St Northwest; Dash Point, WA 98422
JOURNAL OF PALEONTOLOGY
$99 (non-member). Bi-monthly. ?? Pages. Professional journal.
Paleontological Society, Box 1897, Lawrence, KS, 66044. (913) 843-1221.
JOURNAL OF VERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY
$85 Quarterly,  (8 1/2 X 11), ?? Pages, includes photos & drawings.
Frequently includes dinosaur articles but covers all fossil vertebrates.
$80 per year, including membership in Society of Vertebrate Paleontology.
(Students pay $45 per year.) Back issues are $37.50 for a year/volume.
Secretary:  John J Flynn, Dept of Geology, Field Museum of Natural
History, Roosevelt Road at Lakeshore drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60605-2496
Professional journal.
Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, W. 436 Nebraska Hall, Univ. of
Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 68588-0542.  (402) 472-8949.
NATURAL HISTORY
$30. Monthly. 76 (8.5 x 11) pages. 1-800-234-5252
Published by the American Museum of Natural History,
Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, New York 10024.
Natural History, PO Box 5000, Harlan, IA, 51537-5000.
NATURE: The International Weekly Journal of Science.  $395 US.
Nature, Box 1733, Riverton, NJ, 08077-7333. Telephone (800) 524-0384.
OMNI: Popular pseudo-science magazine. No longer published.
PREHISTORIC TIMES
$24, bi-monthly (6); about 30-40 (8 1/2 X 11) pages (size varies)
Desktop published newsletter about dinosaurs and other ancient animals.
Concentrates on models, toys, and art; occasional soft-science articles.
ROCKS & MINERALS
$38; Six per year, (8-1/2 x 11),80 pages, occasional dino articles.
$66 institutions; glossy professional magazine, photos, color.
Heldref Publications, 1319 Eighteenth St NY, Washington DC 20036
Notes: I'm trying to have a standardized format, but not fixated on it.
+No effort is made to separate "magazines" and "professional journals"
into separate lists; the differences between them are obvious to all.
+I don't plan on listing every single mag that ever had a dino article
but will concentrate on "major journals" with "frequent" dino material.
I'll be guided by those on this list and what the Email me to add to it.
(Don't post your input to the list; I might not be keeping up that week.)
Please don't go dig up every obscure journal you can think of
but please DO let me know of any journals that YOU consider a primary
source of new and useful information on dinosaurs and archosaurs.
I need complete data (what you see above). Telling me that I really need
to list this or that magazine without telling me its address, subscription
price, and other information isn't really much help. If I knew all of that
the magazine or journal would already be on the list.
+While it's a tough call, I do not plan to list publications which are not
available in English. If someone else wants to do that list, go ahead.
+Remember that this list is primarily of interest to
Dino-fans and amateurs; you PhDs and grad students in Paleontology
already have all of these journals and don't need the list.
+The plan is to accept your input and send a revised copy of this file
to the Dinosaur list about the first day of each month.