Falling face first, with big eyes

Howdy y'all,
---------------------------T-rex & high speed falls

Until I have a chance to read Dr. Farlow's paper I may be digging myself
into a ideological trap, which I tend to do from time to time. Betty C. and
Jeff M. present good points concerning T-rex and the results of high speed
falls. The one thing that we must face up to is that this situation
presents a problem in relationship to the animals T-rex. might have preyed
upon. If T-rex was a predator, and that point is also in dispute, it seems
all the prey animals had to do was run 1 MPH faster than the big beast.
Hadrosaurs, which I envision as one of T-rex.'s main food source, should
have evolved into a faster species and any adult out in the open would just
sprint away from T-rex. at the first hint of danger. This requires me to
ask why the mainly bipedal herbivores would not be putting themselves in
the same situation as T-rex.? Perhaps T-rex would frighten a herd of
Hadrosaurs into flight, and then casually feast on the broke-necked victims
of high speed falls.

I agree with Ray McAllister in that there should be some sort of evidence
in the fossil record. If T-rex. was susecptable to such falls either the
trackways or actual bones should present evidence one way or another.
Granted, the volume of data from such is skimpy, but would settle many
questions.

---------------------------Big eyes

Are there not species of lizards with very big eyes, which never lived in
the polar regions? Nocturnal feeding, whether lasting six months or a few
hours, requires excellent vision (as does hunting under a thick canopy of
jungle vegetation). Until we discover a skeleton, mostly articulated, in
matrix younger than the K-T boundary we have to assume that that event was
the end of the dinosaurs (aside from birds). Mass extinction may have
happened in a few years or over a few thousand years, but as I understand
it there is no hard evidence of any species of true dinosaurs living very
far past it.

---------------------------Insect swarms at Lake Victoria

Those clouds of insects were not locust, but midges, a lot like mayflies.
Locust, in the African sense, are very similar to grasshoppers, if I
understand the term correctly.

Sorry for the lenght of this post.
Have a great day everyone!
Roger A. Stephenson