_Parasaurolophus_ and Hadrosaur running

> Knowing the soft part morphology would tell us the range of sounds
> possible by the animal, something we could never get from the skull
> alone.  However, the basic sounds can be determined by an
> accoustical analysis of the head region.

You're missing the point now.  The TRUMPET is NOT what makes the sound; the
player's LIPS and the MOUTHPIECE make the sound, the trumpet simply amplifies
and difines the range of the sound.  The same thing with a hypacrosaurine,
the head simply amplifies the sound, the sound is made in the voice box and
we would need an accoustical analysis done on the voice box to see how the
thing sounded; something that is impossible.

> This requires me to ask why the mainly bipedal herbivores would not
> be putting themselves in the same situation as T-rex.? Perhaps T-rex
> would frighten a herd of Hadrosaurs into flight, and then casually
> feast on the broke-necked victims of high speed falls.

Isn't it widely accepted that Hadrosaurs (and Iguanodonts for that matter)
were mostly quadrupedal?  Even if they were bipedal, they had long enough
arms to break their fall and help themselves recover.

Peter Buchholz
Stang1996@aol.com