Re: Hypacrosaurines

Peter Buchholz (Stang1996@aol.com) writes in response to me:

> >This time I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree (although I suppose
> >you could hedge a bit in terms of the definition of "make the sound").
>
> I mean produce the sound which is amplified by the trumpet.

In the context of sound, amplify basically means "to make louder".
That's NOT all that the body of a trumpet does.  I recommend that you
try to find a book that describes the physics behind musical
instruments.  In fact, any introductory physics book is likely to have
some discussion of cavity resonators (both my high school and college
physics texts do).  Although Weishampel couldn't faithfully reproduce
the sound of a _Parasaurolophus_ with his PVC mockup, he wasn't as far
off the beam as a person would conclude from your writings in this
thread.  In any case, I'm giving up at this point.  If you want to
have the last word here, feel free.

P.S. In the message to which I'm responding, some of Ken Carpenter's
words were quoted in the same fashion that mine were with no
attributions to either one of us.  I recommend you be more cautious
when you quote people.