Re: NEDCOLBERTIA

>Any chance that _Nedcolbertia_ is the 'possible second species of
>_Ornitholestes_' reported from the American west sometime last year?

Nope.  "Nedcolbertia" (didn't know they were going to stick with that
name...) is a lower Cedar Mountain Formation (Barremian) theropod.  Casts of
its feet can be seen in the Dino Times and the Kyoryugaku Saizensen SVP 1995
reports (the latter was in the last issue of the Japanese magazine from
Gakken publications).

There have been rumors of a second small theropod from the Morrison (i.e., a
possible second _Ornitholestes_), but I haven't seen this one myself.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661