Maiasaura parental care and _Earth_ magazine

>The current issue of _Earth_ magazine has an article that refutes _Maisaura_'s
>caring for its young -- They said that new evidence indicates that hatchling
>Maiasaura could walk fine right away and were not restricted to the nest,
>therefore zero parental care existed in these animals (seems to me a big jump
>in logic).

Actually, the article doesn't state conclusively that "zero parental care
existed in these animals." Indeed, that would be a big jump in logic.

The work described suggests instead that evidence for _extended_ parental
care, such as songbirds practice today, may be weak.

Alexandra Witze
Associate Editor
Earth magazine

P.O. Box 1612