  progress.  -- MR]

 From: Van and Kathy Smith <vksmith@ix.netcom.com>
vel
 >   I have heard about endothermic fish for quite awhile, but have never
 > been given many details.  Are they like the hawk moth who generates
 > heat by exercising its massive wing muscles, but when not flying cools
 > down to ambient temperature

No.  At least in the tuna the endothermy is accomplished by means of
special high-energy muscle tissue - the tasty brownish meat that
we are all familiar with. While this tissue is indeed associated
with locomotion, it generates heat even when the animal is "relaxed",
much as our own muscles do, by something akin to shivering.

The peace of God be with you.