Re: A TENN. TIME OUT

> FossilAce@aol.com wrote:
>
> > ... fantastic.  beautiful skin impression of a big dinosaur. We sat
> > there looking at the tile-like markings wondering what kind of beast
> > made it.
>
> > The boulder is still there but the skin impressions are just about
> > gone.  Nothing lasts.

I hate to say this, Ace, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that what
you're seeing is not dino skin, but the imprint from the trunk of a
"sacle tree" or lycopod.  There are numerous trees from the
Pennsylvanian to Permian period which have trunks covered in leaf scars
which presents as rows of diamond shaped or rectangle shaped "scales."
Imprints of these trees are common in Tennessee, and are frequently
mistaken for "fossil crocidile skin."

Mark