Re: What it takes to study dinosaurs??

I'm currently in a similar boat. The uni that I am at does teach palaeo,
but since Western Australia is a mining state, there is very little
emphasis on it. So much so that our semester of palaeo has now been
changed to six weeks, and combined with stratigraphy. Now, considering
the only reason I'm even at uni is to study palaeo, I feel a bit cheated.

I also agree with respect to the biological side. To me, palaeo is more
of a biological than geological science. I do understand that some
knowledge of geo is essential to the study, but since here all they talk
about is petrography, and the mining side, I am very disillusioned with
the whole tertiary study thing. I'm hoping that one day I will be able to
go overseas and study, where there are good resources, or even as far as
Victoria ( Dinosaur Cove !!!).

My advice (if you want a bit :)) is to do a multi-disciplinary science
that allows you to do a major in biology, and a minor in geo. This way,
you can get the best of both worlds.

                                                All the best,
                                                        Marcus Good.