Re: CROCODYLOMORPH ENDOTHERMY

This may sound bizarre, but I wonder how difficult it might be to create an
endothermic croc through selective breeding.  I realize that it would
probably be a slow process and during that time genetic engineering will
have no doubt made huge advances, but looking at our miniature schnauzer,
it's hard not to be impressed by what has already been done through
selective breeding.

Given enough time it would obviously be possible to create an endothermic
croc through selective breeding,  but the big question is how long would the
process take?  Another good question is why would you want to do this, other
than it would be neat, but if the feat was accomplished easily, many
questions about dinosaurian endothermy might be answered.

V.

Van Smith
vksmith@ix.netcom.com