Re: glues

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996 PWSPARKS@aol.com wrote:

> I'm sorry that I can't be more specific, but a couple days ago someone
> volunteered to send someone else a list of glues that are used in putting
> fossil bones back together.

Yep, typing away like mad, me. I've challenged several of the top
participants in last summer's geological conservation course to put
together the much-discussed wall chart of adhesives and consolidants
commonly encountered in geology work. They may not be as smart as I
thought they were, because they've agreed to do this. This will be a
small (11" x 17") chart issued with the fall newsletter of the Society
for the Preservation of Natural History Collections. If you join SPNHC,
you'll get a copy automatically. If not, you'll have to get a copy from
me, later. The first technical leaflet on anoxic enclosures and
microenvironments came out in the spring SPNHC newsletter last week.
I can't offer the adhesives wall chart before the fall because SPNHC has
proprietary rights, but I can promise that it is in the chute. Cheers,
Sally Shelton

|                 San Diego Natural History Museum                      |
|                          P. O. Box 1390                               |
|                San Diego, California   92112  USA                     |
|             phone (619) 232-3821; FAX (619) 232-0248                  |
|                     email LIBSDNHM@CLASS.ORG                          |