Re: EDUCATING THE MASSES

After years of struggling I found that there are two important
themes..icons??? to consider when teaching a course in prehistory
(dinosaurs). Those two are CONTENT AND CONTEXT.
Content is all about the dinos. Context is the geology. You have to teach a
little geology, time scale, etc so that people understand where the dinos fit
in. Otherwise you are spinning your wheels.
So I would  advise at least one lecture where you talk about geologic time,
faunal succession, history of paleontology,  natural selection etc. Put the
dinosaurs where they belong..in a continuum of life forms that evolved and
are evolving.

Good luck and enjoy.
Bernie