Proposed Tyrrell Museum activities column for Dino Digest

 I am considering starting an irregular (weekly to biweekly) column for the
Dinosaur Digest that would cover current and planned activities within the
dinosaur research program at the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology. As
such, this would differ somewhat from the usual fare typically seen
(taxonomic problems considered, new ideas discussed, questions from the
non-professionals answered, etc) in Dinosaur Digest.

 I would propose this column would discuss items such as the following:

 1. Preparation activities/results.
 2. Current or planned research activities.
 3. Descriptions of new finds.
 4. Fieldwork plans/activities/results.
 5. Upcoming events at the museum.

 Before venturing forth with such a column, I would like to know if the
readers of the Dinosaur Digest would have any interest in seeing such a
column and if so please email me directly in the affirmative. Any ideas or
additions to items 1-5 above would be welcomed for consideration. The column
would be written in a mostly non-technical prose, and would give the reader
a "minute-by-minute" accounting of the activities within the busy dinosaur
research program at Tyrrell. While there are many other departments within
Tyrrell that also collect vertebrate remains, my column would only deal with
the dinosaurs and archosaurs, unless their work had a direct bearing on our
programs activities.

 Comments?

 Darren Tanke, Technician I, Dinosaur Research Program, Royal Tyrrell Museum
of Palaeontology, Box 7500, Drumheller, AB, Canada T0J 0Y0. (403) 823-7707;
(403) 823-7131 (fax). Paleo Interests: fossil identification, collection and
preparation, centrosaurine ceratopsians, Upper Cretaceous vertebrate faunas
of North America and East Asia, paleopathology; senior editor on annotated
bibliography of extinct/extant vertebrate dental pathology, osteopathy and
related topics (9,300 entries as of Feb. 7, 1996).