Re: T rex hunting techniques

Betty Cunningham writes;

>I believe from watching National Geographic specials, that ostriches
>lead with their "keel" and just sort of fold up their legs and skid on
>their chest, with their head held in a still-upright positition.

This could be a clue to the function of the gastralia ribs found in
many theropods; they acted as a guard that prevented the rib cage
from collapsing if the animal fell.  Ultimately, could the gastralia
have served a similar function as the sternum in mammals, a
structural support?

Rob

***
"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
                -MPFC