Re: Queries

At 10:15 AM 3/22/96 -0500, Graeme Worth wrote:
>And for the anatomists - can someone provide a brief explanation for the
>following:
>jugal
>tibiotarsus
>prefrontal
>osteoderm
>sternal plate
>basiocranial
>basicranium
>parietal bone (is this what makes the frill in ceratopians?)

   It depends on what you mean by explanation.  If you want to know where
they are, check out the Dinosaur Mailing List Anatomical Dictionary at
http://www.dinosauria.com  Some of them are listed there.

   If you want to know what they DO, I can't help you there.  In any case,
if somebody takes a crack at these make sure its to the list or e-mail me a
copy so I can put them in the dictionary.

** (for all your Dinosaur product needs),    ** little freedom for a      **
** Jeff's Journal of Dinosaur Paleontology,  ** little security will soon **
** and The Dinosaur Mailing List Omnipedia.  ** find they have none of    **
** http://www.dinosauria.com                 ** either." -- Jeff Poling   **