Re: sauropod feeding dogma*

The notion that apatosaurs were least likely to rear because they were the
most heavily built of the diplodocids is illogical. The bone
stoutness/strength factor of apatosaurs was incredible, much higher than in
any other sauropods (with possible exception of Opisthoceolocaudia) or
indricotheres of similar size, and the hips were especially huge. Rearing up
for an apatosaur was probably easier than getting out of bed for me (my back
has been botheriung me this week). Apatosaurs were probably so massively
constructed so that they could rear up and then push down riverine trees of a
foot or more in trunk diameter, and about 50 feet tall.

GSPaul