Re: Arizona Dinosaurs

>I'm seeking information on two finds; one old and one relatively new.
>
>The old find was >10 years ago on the eastern slope of the Whetstone
>Mountains here in Cochise County.  My geography professor states it was a
>species of T. rex.
>
>The latter find was in late 1994 just to the west in the Santa Cruz river
>valley just south of Tucson and north of Sonoita.  It too was a species of
>T. rex.

  I can't help you with the old one, but the 1994 dig was done by John
Ratkevitch and a team from the Sonoran Desert Museum.  They recently
published a paper on the find, though I'm pretty sure the animal turned
out not to be a tyrannosaur.
  David W. Thayer, Ronald P. Ratkevich & Stan E. Krzyzanowski 1996, "A
New Dinosaur for the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Tucson, Arizona,"
Rocks and Minerals 71(1):34.

Hope this helps!

-Mikiel