Re: MORE ON SAUROPOD FEEDING HIGH & LOW

> If sauropod brains were twice the size (or so) they actually are, would
> that have made the amount of blood needed in the head prohibitively
> great?  Are we sure this is WHY sauropod brains are small?

     Considering that all sauropods had heads a long way from the heart
(diplodocids had a long way to pump that blood regardless of how high the
head was being held, to say nothing of Brachiosaurus or Omeiosaurus), a
small brain might require less oxygenated blood, possibly reducing
required blood pressure.

LN Jeff 0-
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
"I'm allergic to cirtus."
"When life gives you lemons, swell up and die."