[no subject]

Everyone seems to have missed my point concerning the ankylosaur/nodosaur
thing. What I was really asking was this: Did nodosaurs have any kind of
defensive advantage over ankylosaurs? I realize their differences, and it seems
to me that nodosaurs were rather like ankylosaurs with less defensive
capability. They had slightly less armor and no tail club, so what did they
have? They couldn't have been much faster than ankylosaurs, and obviously were
slower than their potential predators. Perhaps they had heightened senses of
smell and sight, or travelled in herds, unlike most ankylosaurs, which make
good candidates for solitary dinosaurs.

                                           A.Gwin
                                           uacgwin@cc.memphis.edu