FEATHERY LITTLE TYRANNOSAURS

Pete 'puke' says... (err, that's a private joke)..

> Because, as we understand dinosaur systematics at this moment in time
> TYRANNOSAURS ARE CLOSER TO BIRDS THAN ARE COMPSOGNATHIDS.

Not if you're George Olshevsky;). George reckons compsognathids to be basal
members of his Tyrannosauria, yes? George - if this is so it would show that
feathers go back (and let's assume here that the _Sinosauropteryx_ structures
are certainly feathers) to the common ancestor of Aves s.s. and Tyrannosauria.
Right?

"Why you.. I oughta.."

DARREN 'both mean and devoid of cable TV' NAISH