Another feathered dino?

My husband brought a book from our library and asked me to ask about
an entry in it.

The book is:
The Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs
April 1990 edition

On page 120 is the entry for Avimimids

from the text

"There were fused wrist bones, and probably clawed fingers on the 'wings'
 - short, feathered arms that could be folded like a bird's"

I thought the fuss was because of the feathers on a non bird, or was
it in part due to the greater age ?

--

Royan

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.
  (`}       Royan Webb  bandr@globaldialog.com     {')
  / )        Budgies Only List. Email for info     ( \  / /
Theropod Aviary                 \ \
//"   http://www.globaldialog.com/AdventureCentral/  "\\