FISHY SPINOSAURS

Esteemed list member Dr. Thomas Holtz says.. (in responding to an earlier post
on _Spinosaurus_ snouts)...

> I hope that they finally track that specimen down.  It is wonderful, and
> another great addition to the Theropod Hall of Fame.

Why do you say 'track that specimen down'? Has it been lost or something?

I haven't seen the paper yet - how much provenance data was Russell able to get
on the new spinosaur? I've been led to believe it smacks of a situation rather
like the one surrounding that stupid blue mineral everyone loves so much.

--------

I've gone through Ken Ladd's updated rhea bibliography
(http://duke.usask.ca/~ladd/rheas.html) and still nothing on ratite cervical
verts.

"We are the hottest evolutionary development since sliced bread"
(Err, since when has sliced bread been an evolutionary development?)

DARREN NAISH