Re: Fish eating theropods

From: tlford@ix.netcom.com (Tracy Ford )

 > Lets look at the rest of the skeleton. Does it look like a crocodile?
 > No. Does it look like it could swim after a fish? No. ...
 > It didn't have the feet to walk in water, marsh, mud, etc. To
 > catch a fish with its claw it would have had to be very fast, it
 > couldn't lie in wait for a fish then catch it. I think to many. ...

Look at the skeleton of a grizzly bear. Does it look like it could
swim after fish?, does it have the feet to walk in water mud etc.
And to catch a fish with its claws it would have to be vry fast.

Guess what: salmon make up a large part of the diet of the grizzly.
And guess what: they catch them by side-swiping them with their
front feet.

Of course grizzlies also eat lots of other stuff, including terrestrial
animals.

I see no evidence that Baronyx could not have fished in exactly the
same manner as the grizzly, and also ate whatever else it could catch.

The peace of God be with you.