Re: broken fibulas

Nick Longrich wrote:

>        Fibula. Can't find a ref, though.
>
>[Ok, we'll take your word for it for now.  Tom, comments? -- MR ]
>
>        nick L.

According to the Ultimate T.rex Peter Larson identified the extra bone
growth on the lower left shin to be a healed break but this could also be
caused by osteoporosis, arthritis or other bone diseases.

For the record, my copy of the Ultimate T. rex referrs to Dr Holtz as Tom.

In Hunting Dinosaurs, Louie Psihoyos quotes Larson saying that it was a
broken fibula.

Cheers, Paul

Dr Paul M.A. Willis
Consulting Vertebrate Palaeontologist